Graduate Electrical Design Engineer
Enersol has a new opportunity for a Graduate Electrical Design Engineer in our Drogheda Office reporting to the engineering manager. We are looking for excellent engineers, who are innovative, diligent, ambitious and have strong communication skills. The individual must be a strong team builder and a self-starter.
This role provides the opportunity for an Engineer to gain a wealth of experience in a wide range of electrical engineering disciplines and beyond with mentoring from more experienced team members. The successful candidate will work across multiple disciplines to get a full overview of the life cycle of our product offering along with the commercial acumen to complement the technical aspects of the role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out project design of Switchboards, Control and DC Panel from initial concept through to detail design (AutoCAD & other Electrical software)
- Generate Bills of Materials ready for processing by procurement.
- Participate in all aspects of “team” development and goal achievement “Engineering Excellence”.
- Adhering to the request for information (RFI) system throughout the design phase to ensure clarity.
- Ensure that all works are performed as defined within Enersols Quality Management System.
- Generating documents like O&M manuals.
- To create as-built drawings in a timely fashion and ensure effective records are retained of design development, status, and record control.
- A degree in electrical engineering or similar (not essential – those from a technical background who fit the profile will also be considered and full training will be provided)
- Previous exposure to or experience with electrical switchgear design would be advantageous.
- Experience with electrical design software advantageous.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Word and Excel packages is essential.
- Demonstrated pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work with an eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Practical approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Agile and motivated individual.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all others.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.