Engineering Manager (Design Manager)
Enersol Started trading in 2002 and is now one of the leading companies in the industry, specializing in High, Medium and Low Voltage Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems throughout Ireland and UK. We provide turnkey solutions for our customers from Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of transmissions and distribution networks.
Due to continued growth, Enersol is seeking to recruit an ambitious and self-motivated Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Enersol’s offices near Drogheda. This is a great opportunity to build your professional career by assisting a busy Engineering Department in a leading engineering company and to work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
- Work with all departments within the company
- Communication will all department managers
- Up to date documentations
- Client Contact/Management
- Promotion of Best Practice
- Promotion of a Customer Centric environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineering Manager (Design Manager) will manage design and product integration including drawing sing-offs.
- The successful candidate will be expected to lead a team of engineering in a hands-on and practical manner.
- Manage projects within agreed timescales.
- Working to strict deadlines, budgets and quality standards.
- Manage support staff in the creation of Bill of Materials and other design documentation to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Work close with the sales team to ensure requirements are met in good time and quality matrixes.
- Advise the management team on the capabilities of the business to manage sales orders.
- Manage customer enquiries, costing information and estimates necessary in order to complete the project.
- Implementation of continuous improvement and development of systems to ensure ongoing compliance with ISO9001.
- Identify gaps in the team, recruit and manage when needed to match the needs of the business.
- Have accountability for staff performance reviews.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Must have a Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience
- Must have a practical background in design and or commissioning
- A proven capability in Team Management
- Electrical Switchgear Design experience
- Experience in Project Management
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision making ability.
- Proficient in the use of PC software packages.
- A hands-on collaborative approach to leadership and management in order to build good working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Agile and motivated individual
- Team Player
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A Company Pension Plan
- Health benefits
- Social Club
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Friendly, professional & innovative atmosphere
- Excellent environment for professional growth
- Career progression opportunities