HV/MV Electrical Design Engineer
Enersol Started trading in 2002 and is now one of the leading companies in the industry, specializing in High, Medium and Low Voltage Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems throughout Ireland and Europe. We provide turnkey solutions for our customers from Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of distribution networks, mainly in the data centre and pharmaceutical sector.
Due to continued growth, Enersol is seeking to recruit an ambitious and self-motivated Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Enersol’s offices near Drogheda. This is a great opportunity to build your professional career by assisting a busy Engineering Department in a leading engineering company and to work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
- Work with all departments within the company – Sales through to Commissioning.
- Communication will all stakeholders
- Up to date documentations
- Client Contact/Management
- Promotion of a Customer Centric environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Design Engineer would be capable of understanding control and protection circuits for medium and high voltage switchgear
- Generating drawing sets for control and protection panels for MV and HV substations using company’s software for drawing submittal.
- Engage with our operations team to familiarise oneself with panel layout and sizing and subsequently generate drawings like front view, plan view, panel arrangement to assist field staff.
- Analysis of all design documentation and identification of any scope gaps
- Generate take off lists and requisitions for material ordering.
- Review and Understanding electrical control and power specifications including Employers’ requirements and scope of work.
- Attend meetings with our project and commercial team including our supply chain and record meetings to ensure that progress is monitored and maintained in line with our overall project timelines with clear communication to all stakeholders.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Review the electrical installation with the operations team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure the correct operation of the project on-site & successful handover. Generate O&M manuals.
- Carry out design work to create detailed drawings for design including physical layouts and control/protection schematics as required by the customer or by the internal operations team.
- Liaise with suppliers on specifications and components.
- Responsible for complying with all aspects of site safety, environmental rules and complying with all applicable legislations.
- To create tender, design, construction and as built drawings for high and medium voltage equipment and systems as required by our customers to meet project timelines and ensure effective records are retained of design development, status and record control.
- Ensure that technical assessments, variations to the sales file are completed as required and any changes are communicated and resolved without delay.
- To liaise with all Enersol and client safety personnel on design information and
- All tasks to be aligned with the companies ISO system.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- A Level 8 degree in electrical engineering or relevant experience working within the MV/HV substations.
- 3-5 years’ design experience in Medium voltage or high voltage
- HV substations (38kV and above) design experiences in Irish market are highly
- Knowledge and experience of applicable electrical engineering codes in Irish Market i.e. distribution and grid codes.
- Experience with HV and MV switchgears, Control and Protection design.
- Experienced in the specification and design of LVAC and DC systems associated with HV substations.
- Good knowledge of numerical protection relays.
- Knowledge of Substation Automation System (SAS) and SACDA using protocols like IEC 61850, Modbus TCP etc. are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with drawing software and extremely computer literate
- Experience of developing power system studies like protection coordination studies, short circuit studies and arc-flash analysis reports etc.
- Familiarity with IEC standards are highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision-making ability.
- Proficient in the use of PC software packages
- Experience with 2D software such as AutoCAD
- Experience with one of the electrical CAD design software such as EPLAN or SEE-Electrical or ELCAD or similar software.
- Visa to work in Ireland
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Agile and motivated individual
- Team Player
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Plans and effectively manages.
- Excellent in English Language.
- A hands-on collaborative approach to build good working relationship with co- workers and clients.
For more information on our company please visit www.enersol.ie
Thank you for your interest in Enersol
Enersol is an equal opportunities Employer