Lead Commissioning Engineer
Enersol Started trading in 2002 and is now one of the leading companies in the industry, specializing in High, Medium and Low Voltage Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems throughout Ireland and UK. We provide turnkey solutions for our customers from Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of transmissions and distribution networks.
Due to continued growth, Enersol is seeking to recruit an ambitious and self-motivated Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Enersol’s offices near Drogheda. This is a great opportunity to build your professional career by assisting a busy Engineering Department in a leading engineering company and to work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
- Work with all departments within the company from design through to final commissioning.
- Communication will all department managers
- Delivery and documentation sign off.
- Client Contact/Management
- Promotion of Best Practice
- Promotion of a Customer Centric environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commission medium voltage switchgear and substations, e.g. protection relays, control and protection circuit, verify and test instrument and current transformers etc.
- Liaise with the project team to schedule timely execution of projects.
- Liaise with customers and contractors to ensure project timelines are achieved and customer expectations are met.
- Reporting of commissioning non-conformances and providing solutions to remediate issues.
- Support engineering requirements through managing and liaising with sub-contractors and on-site labourers.
- Carry out pre-commissioning and test procedures when applicable and supervise field installation.
- Review of drawings and issue of red line drawings
- Communicate regularly with project team and report all variations for prior approval.
- Prepare method statements, and organize and plan.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Ensure all documentation and certification is completed in a timely fashion and checked prior to final handover.
- Adherence to company EHS, quality policies and procedures.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Strong problem solving skills in a pressurized situation.
- 3-5 years’ Commissioning experience.
- A working knowledge and good awareness of IEC standards, engineering recommendations and other international standards.
- A working knowledge of I/O + Logic control
- Result Oriented and first class organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision making ability.
- Proficient in the use of PC software packages.
- A hands-on experience of testing multifunction reply using 3 phase + single phase test sets. Primary injection of instrument transformers.
- A hands-on collaborative approach in order to build good working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Agile and motivated individual
- Team Player
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to teach a team.
- A Company Pension Plan
- Health Benefits
- Social Club
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Friendly, professional & innovative atmosphere
- Excellent environment for professional growth
- Career progression opportunities