Enersol Started trading in 2002 and is now one of the leading companies in the industry, specializing in High, Medium and Low Voltage Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems throughout Ireland and UK. We provide turnkey solutions for our customers from Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of transmissions and distribution networks.
Due to continued growth, Enersol is seeking to recruit an ambitious and self-motivated Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at Enersol’s offices near Drogheda. This is a great opportunity to build your professional career by assisting a busy Engineering Department in a leading engineering company and to work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
- Work with all departments within the company
- Communication will all department managers
- Up to date documentations
- Client Contact/Management
- Promotion of Best Practice
- Promotion of a Customer Centric environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of all commercial aspects of several projects.
- Identifying and pricing of all variations as and when they occur.
- Sending out tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers ensuring value for money is achieved at all times.
- Checking measured quantities in pricing documents against drawings and other tender documents.
- Inputting data to pricing documents.
- Measurement of sub-contract elements and submission of monthly payment applications to clients.
- Assisting the commercial team to ensure that all contractual entitlements are submitted and recovered from clients.
- Cost analysis and reviews of sub-contractor/supplier costings.
- Liaising with clients regarding the proper valuation of variation and completed works.
- Working closely with the commercial and engineering teams to deliver value for money, control budgets and assess value engineering opportunities.
- Logging and reporting of all variations.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting.
- Liaise with engineering and sales teams to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying roles in a construction/engineering business, preferably with construction and or electrical experience.
- Degree level education within Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Commercial Management or similar field.
- Some level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract documents and contract requirements.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision making ability.
- Proficient in the use of PC software packages.
- A hands-on collaborative approach to leadership and management in order to build good working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Capable of driving business forward in a competitive marketplace and demonstrate a solid pipeline and achieve sales orders.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Agile and motivated individual
- Team Player
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all stakeholders
- A Company Pension Plan
- Health Benefits
- Social Club
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Friendly, professional & innovative atmosphere
- Excellent environment for professional growth
- Career progression opportunities